Saturday, May 25, 2013

Friday events

Just before breakfast on Friday I was sitting on the floor, scooping coconut oil from a 5 gallon bucket into smaller containers. My lower back seized suddenly and I yelped and rolled backward. Pulling my knees to my chest, I stopped the spasm. But somehow the damage was done. I could not get up. Suddenly, like when my ankle hurt, distances within the house became vast. Turning myself 180 degrees, I was able to finished filling the small coconut oil container. My back did not improve. I was in the den, my phone was in the diningroom and the bathroom was in the opposite direction. It was tough to decide which way to go. Both might not be possible. I inched my way into the dining room to get my phone. I called Chris and he offered to come home from work. I tried to wait for him, but nature called too loudly. I inched my way toward the bathroom (with my phone). I could not use the toilet so I crawled into the tub. By the time Chris got home, I was back in the den. I crawled to the bedroom and he helped me into bed. He set me up with my laptop and CD's. He did not know how to fix my version of breakfast, so I asked for lunch. He made the most delicious salad. I had to eat it lying on my side. I spent the afternoon calling people, reading e-mail, and listening to CD's and audios. He brought me Oxycodone and Aleve. It did not help. And I was surprised that I could not get out of bed even with help to go to the bathroom. Always in the past we managed somehow. This time we had to use a towel over a garbage bag. It was embarrassing and humiliating. I applied cold and then heat. At bedtime I took 2 Aleve. Chris slept in the guest room. I stayed up late with my laptop then went to sleep until nature called again. I called Chris for help, and asked for an Oxycodone. I slept for awhile, and used a BWE CD. I slept again.
Remedies tried: EFT, visualization, imagineering, meds, heat/cold, Silva Method, BWE, switchwords, crying, positive thinking, Access Consciousness, liquid luck
* Pic from Paducah *

No comments: