Friday, May 17, 2013

The rescued quilt


There was nothing unusual about how I spent my morning. Well, except for taking pics of the rescued quilt to send to Shelly. It was cool and rainy, which is normal for the season but unusual for this week. It is supposed to be rainy for the next few days so our ditch might get a workout, but today wasn't that much of a challenge. I did check the basement for water. What I found is that the critters running between the floors have been chewing on the boxes in my sewing area. I fused a piece of old sheet to our regular sheet which ripped. It is also threadbare in that area so the patch won't save the sheet for long. Then I fused lightweight interfacing to the back of the handprint. I sewed the square into the quilt, and finished as much as I could without the second square. I cut out a piece of yellow. I taped my alphabet grid to a square ruler and put it over a light box. Then I taped the yellow square over it. Very carefully, I used my forefinger to put orange paint on alphabet stamps and stamped them on the fabric. I only made one mistake. I found some yellow paint to touch it up so hopefully no one will know. Then I added it to the rest of the quilt. Before I could finish the borders, Chris came down to watch TV. He came home early so we had time to watch a lot of Bones, now into season 2. It was after 11 when we went to bed.

No comments: