Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finally on the road

My phone alarm went off at 8, but since I wasn't going to Sunday school (it's over for the year), I did not get up then. We got up a little later, showered, dressed, ate and packed. We left about 11am. Chris got some books on CD at the library so we popped one in the car player. I put on my eye shades and leaned back. I peeked out when the car stopped. Chris turned off the engine because traffic was sitting still. That lasted about 20 minutes. We saw an ambulance drive in the other direction and then traffic picked back up. The rest of our trip was uneventful. We stopped several times for me to get out and walk. At one place Chris bought a chicken sandwich. I guess it was all that talk about Cluck in a Bucket on the CD book. We drove into Bristol before the book on CD ended. I walked around as Chris checked into the hotel. Then we moved our stuff into the room. I wanted curry for supper so went through all the restaurants in the phone book looking for Thai. I only found one and when we checked the address, it was 45 minutes away. So we settled for a Chinese place. It was a hole-in-the-wall place like the one in Augusta near Food Lion. I got curried beef and Chris got the beef fried rice. We took it back to our hotel room. The rice came in little white boxes like the ones in episodes of Bones. Mine was very good. I added some salad from home to finish the sauce. We watched NCIS re-runs on TV and read our e-mail. I finished off the last of the salad greens with a packet of Chinese mustard. The mustard was not good. At 10 we turned off the TV and went to bed.
* This pic was taken at the 2013 Paducah show *

No comments: