Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Finishing the fruit

Before I went to bed last night I finished sewing the binding on the front of the quilt. The binding strip was just a few inches short of encircling the perimeter so I had to spice in a short piece. It took longer than I expected. No surprise then that I slept in this morning. That meant less time to read e-mail and exercise before breakfast. I did have time to start a loaf of bread for Chris. After breakfast I listened to more of the CD's that Jennifer lent me. While I listened, I worked on the binding of the fruit quilt. I sewed the binding to the back by hand, completing one long side. I went outside to mow, finishing the backyard and most of the front yard. I plugged the mower in while I raked the leaves in the side yard. Then I finished the front yard and started mowing the side yard. But I did not get to finish. Oh well, gotta have something to do outside tomorrow. I went in for water and to check e-mail. I listened to another CD and completed another side of the quilt. I did one of the tapping videos, and then went back outside to water plants. Some of the tomato plants and pea plants have grown appreciatively. Chris came home and had supper. I came in and took my laptop downstairs to listen to an audio while working on a pouch for my sister. I got it almost finished before I came to the part where I need sections of a metal tape measure. I am certain I had some left over from Korea, but can't find them anywhere. So I told Chris it was time to watch TV. He came down and we saw episodes from Bones season 6. I forgot to mention yesterday that some of the season two episodes involved Eddie McClintock, who I remember from Warehouse 13. When I watched Warehouse 13, I thought he was also the guy who plays on Bones. So it was interesting to see the two men together. David Boreanez makes Eddie look short by comparison. I thought he looked taller on Warehouse 13, but Chris said that was because the whole cast was short. They looked normal sized to me.
* I saw this quilt in Paducah *

No comments: