Friday, May 3, 2013

Still working on that quilt

Chris got up early and packed for the weekend. He kissed me as I lay somewhere between sleep and consciousness. I got up at 8:30. I was having a dream about looking for a parking space near VCU. I followed my usual morning practices. Andrea called to say she was flying to Fayetteville to check on schools and churchs. After breakfast, I went outside for yardwork, listening to an audio. I planted some pea and tomato plants in the garden. I watered them and put compost over the whole area. Then I started pulling weeds, mostly clover, around the edges of the garden. When the laptop battery ran low, I plugged it in and used the tablet. I ate some lunch, then descended to the sewing room to work on my class quilt. I got the opposite border on and assembled pieces for the third side. I don't remember why I quit there. I do remember finding a package at the front door. It contained the hard drive Chris ordered for my desktop. But he is gone for the weekend, so not here to install it. The wind picked up outside and his tunic blew off the deck. I rescued it, but am not sure it will stay there. I juiced a beet, celery, half a cucumber and a lemon for supper. I listened to the next Feng Shui audio, stopping often to take notes. She spent a lot of time talking about clearing clutter. I vacuumed in the bathroom and shook out the rug. I cleaned up in the kitchen and loaded the dishwasher. I finished the last of the kombucha. Not to worry, I have another batch ready to be decanted. I Googled strange phone numbers that appeared on my cell phone. Several were telemarketers. I chewed on wheat grass. The sweet taste is starting to grow on me. I found a few numbers on a 16 x 16 Sudoku puzzle. I read some quilting and sewing magazines. And now, I think I'll go to bed.
* A pic from Paducah, not the one I am working on. *

No comments: