Thursday, May 23, 2013

Mercury free!

I woke up early this morning for two reasons: one, Chris' alarm went off and two, I had to get up early for a dental appointment. I tried to sleep until Chris was ready to leave, but I was a bit nervous. So I got up, took a shower, ate breakfast, read e-mail, but no exercise. I brought a book to read in the waiting room, but got into a conversation with the receptionist until the assistant came to get me. I requested a vibrating chair because I saw it in the list of amenities. Jill brought a unit that straps over the back of the chair and covers the seat. She also brought me a blanket and pillows. A student came in to observe. She was almost 20. Jill numbed my gums and the dentist injected the anesthetic. After it took effect, she drilled out the two amalgam fillings and replaced them with something white. I was uptight during the drilling, but a little more relaxed during the filling. Afterward I went out to pay. They are so nice there and schedule long appointment times so there is no rushing. I elected not to have the cracked filling on the other side done at this time so that I would have one side to chew on. So they made me another appointment for that but it isn't until August. They stay so busy. I went home and took three packets of lypo-spheric Vitamin C. I also ate lunch and read e-mail. I finished the sewing project from yesterday and made a second one so I will have one to show off. I tried to get some outside work done, but just didn't feel like it. Twice I found myself lying in the grass, basking in the sun. I listened to lots of audios and almost fell asleep. One ended just as Chris came home. We had leftovers for supper, and went down to watch Bones. I kept getting distracted by the strong scent of rat urine. Chris said he did not notice it. I am thinking they sprayed something in the room, like the rug, couch, or pillows. Then Chris went to bed, and I am sitting here thinking how good my teeth feel considering that they were drilled only this morning.
* This picture was taken in Paducah *

No comments: