Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Chris' birthday

We got up without an alarm as daylight came into the room. We showered, and dressed. Chris went to the hotel breakfast while I fixed my own breakfast in the room. We loaded the car and he checked out. On our way out of Bristol, we stopped by the Amish store. They did not open until 10 and Chris did not want to wait. So we headed for Richmond. We stopped every hour or so to walk. We finished one book on CD and started another. We got into Richmond in the mid-afternoon. First we stopped to buy a large jar of kimchi and then we went to his parents house. They were glad to see us. We talked inside for a bit, but the weather was so nice that we moved outside. After a while Faye showed up with a casserole, then Mom and Dad, and Kevin. Chris and Cecily had food ready. Al grilled the steaks. We sat down to supper. It was all so good. We sang Happy Birthday to Chris and passed out pieces of chocolate cake with berry butter filling and ice cream. Faye helped Mom eat as best she could. Chris got Michele on Skype for a few minutes before she had to go to class. Then he opened his presents. Clothing and a gift card. The party broke up. Chris put all my baggage in Dad's car. I drove him and Mom home. I resisted talking to him, hoping that he would nap on the way. I even drove below the speed limit. But he remained awake. When we got to the house, he jumped out to turn the lights on, and left me to find the other wheelchair and bring Mom in. I wheeled her into the house and back to the bedroom and into the bathroom. Dad had the doorway widened to accommodate the wheelchair. He had to show me their new routine of getting her ready for bed. She gets wheeled every step of the way now. When she was tucked in, I got out my laptop to blog. But I could not connect without a password. I looked in the computer room but did not find it. I hated to ask Dad because it would slow him down getting to bed. But he found it for me and I was able to log in. Now it is after midnight, I am ready for bed, but he is still doing tasks for tomorrow. Maybe I'll post a pic tomorrow.

No comments: