Saturday, May 4, 2013

Rain and the leak


Last night I slept in my personal health direction, which is south. It was a little awkward as the bed is facing slightly north of west. But I slept well, having my headphones on and listening to meditation CD's. I woke up between 8 and 9. I ran through my exercises. It rained all night and was still raining, so I checked the basement. Dry. I read e-mail and listened to an audio and ate breakfast. I took notes on the last Feng Shui presentation. Since it was not a day for yardwork, I decided to sew, working on my class quilt. That is when I discovered the water. Not copious amounts, but a puddle in the corner. It would have been worse, but I had placee a rug close enough to soak it up before it ran all over the basement. I called Bob. He did not seem surprised, even though when he was here, he said it would only leak after a week of raining. I reminded him of the critter problem between the floors. He promised to remind his wife. I guess it's her call, literally. As I was sewing and listening to audios, it was quiet. I took a break for supper. I chopped up an onion and a fresh garlic from the yard. I added fermented soybeans, ground beef, and leftover fish bits. It was quite good, if aromatic. I also chewed on wheat grass. When I returned to the sewing room, I was not alone. Some thing or things were scrabbling around above the ceiling tiles. There are a couple of places where tiles are missing, but it did not poke its head where I could see. When the laptop battery ran low, I proceeded upstairs to plug in. I got some water and put on some tapping videos, since I have been a bit remiss lately. One of them was on the topic of relaxation. So now I feel ready for bed.
* Pic from Paducah show *

No comments: