Tuesday, May 14, 2013

The Fruits of my labors (so far)

It was almost 9 when I got up, and I think I went back to bed, so it was after 9 when I got my day started. The morning passed uneventfully. I started a loaf of bread for Chris. After breakfast I took my laptop downstairs to listen while I traced and cut fusible letters. I smelled the bread baking. When the battery ran down, I came up. The bread was done so I took it out of the pan. I could not resist breaking off part of the crust that formed when it rose a little too much. I put the rest in a bag for Chris. While the battery recharged, I went outside for some sunbathing and yard work. I watered the seedlings. I pulled some weeds and dug up others. When I came in, the laptop was ready for another session. I remember e-mailing Deb to see if she needed a demo for tonight. She e-mailed back that she would appreciate one. So, during the second audio, I prepared a block for the demo. And I fused letters in place and stitched around them. Before I was finished, I heard Chris upstairs. That meant that I had to get moving. I took a shower, and dressed. I got all my demo stuff, BOM stuff, and show-and-tell stuff together for the meeting. I left a little early which was good. The car was unbearably hot (even though the heat was turned off) and the seat was too far forward. That would have been ok, but it wouldn't move back. When I got to the college, I had time to examine the seat. I could not figure out why it wouldn't work, and then it moved. Maybe there is a safety feature that won't allow it to move when the car is in motion? Anyway, I proceeded to the building only to find several members standing outside. They said it was artic inside and that all the tables and chairs had been put up for cleaning. So we stayed outside. When the others showed up, we sat on blankets in the grass and held our meeting. I wasn't quite able to complete the demo without a table to cut on, but Deb said everyone got the idea. Rebecca lent me a sheet of graph paper to show the BOM on since we didn't have a whiteboard. The group also wanted next month's block so I drew it, but not sure I got the dimensions right. I did not know they would want it, so I wasn't prepared. I asked who was taking my class on Saturday and only one person responded. I promised to e-mail her the requirements. After the meeting broke up, we chatted as a group and then in pairs. Deb returned a bag of stuff that she did not need for the library display. I did not stop at the Asian grocery on the way home so I arrived by 8:30. We watched several episodes of Bones season 1 before going to bed.

No comments: