Monday, May 20, 2013

How many words can you find?

I heard Chris run the garbage out to the curb this morning, and then close the garage doors. I particularly noticed the doors closing since I had left them open yesterday. Oops. I could not go back to sleep, although I tried, so I started my day early. I hoped to get to quilting at a more reasonable time. I read e-mail, exercised and listened to a CD. I folded laundry and decanted the kombucha. Then I answered the phone. Mirna called to say she wasn't feeling well. So after she hung up, I labeled her number in my phone and realized that I had a message from Saturday. It was Andrea. I listened to her message and called her back, which meant leaving her a message. Then I tapped for Mirna. But that was cut short by a call from my dad. He can talk. Then it was too late to be earlier for quilting. I packed a lunch and gathered my sewing supplies. I hunted for a metal bobbin, having seen a bag of them recently, but had no luck today. Finally I gave up and left. When I got to the church, there were lots of cars and a hearse parked in front of the entrance we use for quilting. I parked and tapped, seeking clarity. By noon police cars arrived, people exited the building and the caravan drove away. I loaded up my rolling cart and headed toward the building. Two other quilting ladies did the same. It was a small crowd today, but we had a good time chatting and sewing. I brought the fruit quilt and stitched in the ditch on all the seam lines. Sheryl came by for a quick visit. We were surprised to see her since she just had cancer surgery. But she looked great! Barbara mentioned that we can't meet on June 3rd because the church needed the room for Bible school. I offered my house. It was accepted. Am I insane? When I finished my quilt, I packed up and went home. I had some food and water, then mowed the back yard. It was hot outside which made the cool basement more inviting. I cut 6 strips of binding for the quilt and sewed them together. I pinned the top over a broomstick handle to see if it hung straight. It did. Chris and I agreed to watch TV at 7:30. That gave me time to start sewing on the binding. I would have finished too, but had to fashion a rod pocket out of the trimmings from the backing and pin it in place. Then we finished season 2 of Bones. Actually we missed two of the DVD's because they were damaged. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog and figure out how best to host a quilting bee: tables, lighting, outlets, parking...
* Faye asked me what was on the last square of the quilt, so here it is. *

No comments: