Tuesday, September 24, 2013

A new sewing group

I started my day at 8:30 with e-mail. I boiled water to clean the nuts and melt the coconut oil. I did my exercises. I put kale in water for later. I went to the church that had the quilt show on Saturday. I took the special yarn and a crochet hook and knitting needles. I was surprised how many ladies were there, sitting in a room larger than the one we meet in on Mondays. Some had handwork, and others were just talking. Several recognized me from the quilt show. I sat with two ladies, one who crochets and one who knits. They both showed me how to use their specialty with the yarn to make a scarf. I talked to the lady
.in charge about how to make and sew the gold circle for the pulpit cloth. One lady was handquilting a batik jellyroll quilt. She told me how her machine was not working out well. I offered to go to her house sometime and look at it. On the way home, I realized that I was just around the corner from the Asian store which sells kimbap, but only on Tuesdays. So I stopped for kimbap. I also passed a CVS so I got some between-tooth brushes. These things are addictive! When I got home, I juiced the kale, along with carrots and celery. Yuck, needed more carrots. I cleaned the juicer and made breakfast. I ate breakfast, and most of the kimbap. There was no sun today. I listened to one audio upstairs and several more in the sewing room. I meant to go to the farmer's mkt, but forgot all about it when finishing the pillowcase, mending Chris' shirt and shortening the sleeves. I was working on a wallhanging, when Chris came home. He ate supper, and I came up later to make a salad. I researched quilts using large prints and listened to another audio, but paused at 7 so we could watch Charade with Cary Grant and Audrey Hepburn.
*  Two more pics from the show  *

No comments: