Thursday, September 19, 2013

Our quilts are appreciated

I stayed in bed until 9, not sure why I did not want to get up. I started an audio and then assembled and took out the recyclables. I skipped through it, looking for the tapping, but there was very little. It was mostly a sales pitch. So I started another audio. I completed my exercises, juiced carrots and celery, cleaned the juicer, and made breakfast. I started a second sri yantra, but the same intersections were not colinear. I spent my time in the sun. Then I washed the fabric from yesterday in two loads. I took a shower and started ironing, but decided not to finish. I began constructing a quilt backing from leftovers to match the quilt top I wanted to donate tonight. I tried using my hemmer as a cone thread stand and it worked. Chris came home. I ate meatloaf and salad for supper. The quilt backing was 4 inches short of being 8 inches longer than the quilt, so I put one more strip on back. I packed everything I needed into a quilted tote. I went to guild meeting. It was 6:45 when I got there. It was busy and I had trouble finding the tables I needed to visit to turn in the quilt top and backing for comfy quilts, sign up for the walking tour, turn in raffle ticket money, and drop off the red strips (which I will forget to pick up at the end of the evening). I forgot to get a ticket for having my nametag. I sat with Mirna. She was looking at quilt magazines and I looked over her shoulder, snapping pics of quilts I liked. After the business meeting, and show-n-tell, we heard several speakers from the charities we donate quilts to. They were so thankful for the quilts and said that for the children, getting a quilt made a traumatic event much more bearable. The speeches brought tears to my eyes. When I got home, Chris was on Facebook with Michele. I messaged her, too. I also messaged Julia in case she had some advice for Michele. Not that Michele wants any. She is taking a trip to Japan to add 90 days to her visa.  When she was done messaging her father, he and I watched several episodes of Dick Van Dyke.  You know, from back when TV jokes were funny and you could repeat them in polite company.

No comments: