Thursday, September 12, 2013

Chickens, chickens, everywhere

I got up around 8, but it seemed later. I read e-mail, and boiled the water to clean and soak the nuts that go in my breakfast. I set the jar of kimchi out to ferment. I was worried about forgetting to leave on time so I set a timer for 9:30. I exercised and read e-mail, and left on time for Allison's place. I arrived at 10. I don't know if she feels she has to entertain me when I come, but she showed me her chickens. Some were juveniles. She also had young ducks because a number of her ducks have died. She gave me some figs from her tree. She showed me her meal worm farm which she is growing as a treat for her chickens. If her chickens ever want to eat out, they can come to my place and eat spiders. Rentachicken. I left at 11, and did not stop on the way home. I fiixed breakfast, forgetting that I had not done all three exercises. I tasted the kimchi, and the nut cheese and put the nut cheese in the fridge. I cleaned the peach container and put the fresh peaches in it. Then I boiled water in one of the cans to clean and sterilize fabric scraps. I laid in the sun for vitamin D. I washed my windshield, which I noticed last night was obscuring my vision. I took a shower and dressed for choir. I loaded two garbage bags holding 30 cans in my car. I prepared the recyclables for tomorrow. I made a salad for supper. I started handsewing the sleeve on the green quilt. At 5:40 I packed it in a bag with my folder and went to church early. I thought I could help Shannon paint the cans, but when I got there, she had decided to paint them on Saturday. So I finished sewing the sleeve on green quilt. I had time to put it in the care before choir started. We sang through our songs and then the men were dismissed. The women had to practice a song they will sing with the kids choir in October. I went home and watched Minority Report with Chris. Then we checked e-mail one last time and went to bed.
*  This chicken has become very friendly after being fed meal worms.  *

No comments: