Sunday, September 1, 2013

Sewing for Linus

I slept cross-ways on the bed because I could hear something crawling around in the headboard/window area. I also did not sleep well because I was afraid the phone alarm would not ring. I got up at 7:30. I laid down again after reading the time. But then I tried the trick I learned yesterday of squeezing the front of the head to the back of the head on the inbreath and releasing on the outbreath. In a few breaths I was up and out of the bedroom. I read e-mail, and fixed breakfast. I showered before I ate it because it was so early. I brought a bag of fabric with me to church. It had fabrics that I thought might go with the rose banner. But when I got there, it was not hanging. I sat in our usual pew. After the service, I checked out the baskets for raffle. I put the roll of fabric in Cecelia's car. Susan showed me where the banner was and I compared my fabrics. Mary gave me music for next Sunday. Jennifer reminded me to come to the first choir practice of the season on Wednesday night. When I went home, I changed my clothes and ate lunch. Then I rolled my sewing machine and tools to the car. I drove to the Renegades meeting where they make quilts for Linus. They were making Christmas quilts this month. Barbara had already cut large squares of her fabric for the project for anyone to use. I took 6 and followed the pattern. When the top was assembled, I cut small squares and rectangles for a border. About 4:30 I left, following Mirna who lives in the same direction I do. I made it to Memorial pky, but somehow missed my exit. I had to circle back. When I got home, I left my stuff in the car for tomorrow. I had leftovers for supper and the last of the salad fixings. I read e-mail and listened to audios. One lady recommended writing out your frustrations on a piece of paper. Nothing new there. But she says if you write them on top of each other so that you can't read them, you are less likely to censor yourself. I listened to parts of two audio downloads while handquilting. I chose some Christmas fabric to take along tomorrow. I finished the second audio while sitting with my salt lamp for the negative ions. I had thought to blog and go to bed, but its only 8:50. 
*  This quilt was on the wall.  Apparently I did not get a pic of a Christmas quilt  *

No comments: