Friday, September 27, 2013

Errands

I had to fashion a tampon before going to bed. But it did not last the night and I had to get up and replace it with a commercial one. I hoped to get up early, like 7, but it was 9 when I awoke. I had to make more pads. I read e-mail and made sure to get my exercises done. I found 20 minutes to lay in the sun. Then, since there was no kale left, I juiced broccoli, carrots, celery and the last of the cucumber. I drank it and ran the pulp through the juicer again. Then I made breakfast. After breakfast I made a list of errands to run which required driving. I often don't feel like driving, so I run my errands all at once. It went very well. I stopped at CVS to get a card and mail a package.      

Whole Foods was nearby, so I checked for aloe, but they did not have any. My next destination was Staples, where I got 2 large copies made of sri yantra. Then on to Hancocks to check for fabric with bread printed on it. They did not have it, but I indulged in a few others. On the way home, I passed Creative Sewing, and checked there. They did not have it either, but I bought some fabric anyway. I thought of Hobby Lobby and checked there. Same story. I decided it would be cheaper to buy it online than to keep checking stores and giving in to temptation. So I found some online, but because they offered free shipping for orders over $35, I spent quite some time looking for other fabrics to pad the order. Chris came home and put meatloaf and a spaghetti squash in the oven. He roasted the seeds. I went outside to rake and mow. The backyard seemed the worst so I mowed there. When I came in, he was eating the seeds and I joined him. Then I made a salad with the few things that were leftover. When the meatloaf was done, I had some of that, too. I was enjoying a bag of frozen mango when the squash came out. We were both done, so it went into the fridge for another day. Then we watched two episodes of Warehouse 13, and one of the Inspector Linley mysteries.
*  Yes, yes, more pics from the quilt show last Saturday  *

No comments: