Saturday, September 7, 2013

The things we find on the internet

I got up at 8 or 9 to read e-mail. I put check in the mail that I wrote yesterday. On the way back from the mailbox I found a box of 6 cans of coconut milk on the porch. It was an automatic shipment from Amazon. All 6 were dented, just like last month. I plan to cancel future shipments. I ate breakfast, then lay in the sun. I finished mowing the back lawn and the grass inside the fence. With my sweaty activities over, I took a shower, dressed, and drove to the mall. The home-grown beef people were there and I picked up my order of liver, tongue and ground beef. When I got home, I practiced my trombone for tomorrow. I sewed a hanging sleeve for my green star quilt and pinned it to the back. Then I went to the church to practice with the organist and trumpet player. When I got home, Chris had fish in the oven. I read e-mail until supper was ready. I listened to an audio while he gamed with the voices, then cut and sewed strips for a binding on a purple quilt. I sewed it to the front of the quilt, then started handsewing to the back. I packed it for tomorrow afternoon. I used our copier/printer/fax to copy America the Beautiful sheet music for tomorrow. Back on my laptop, I found myself reading about historical menstrual habit. Apparently some women used sheepskin, some used cotton from the cotton fields and some used what might have been milkweed silk. Others used nothing at all. 
*  This is my ugly Christmas quilt for Linus.  I am thinking that an inner border might help.  *

No comments: