Saturday, September 28, 2013

Getting back to it

I stayed late in bed, for reasons I won't mention. I had hoped to get sewing early, but there was plenty of e-mail to read, and audios to listen to. I exercised because I missed it on Thursday. I juiced up the last of the veggies. Then I fixed breakfast. I am looking forward to not having to clean the juicer tomorrow. There is another kind of juicer called a masticating or cold press juicer. I hear they are quieter, make more juice, and may be easier to clean. I put one on my amazon wish list for later. After breakfast I did my time in the sun. It was nice and hot, just the way I like it. Finally I got to my sewing room. I finished the quilt top started earlier this week. I ran out of the blue, but replaced it with something very similar. Go ahead and look, you can't tell where it is. The sun was going down, so I scooted outside to finish mowing the back yard. I also mowed the side yard. Then I dug young wannabe trees out of the far back part of the yard. It was time for supper. The salad was gone, so I ate meatloaf and spaghetti squash, and frozen fruit for dessert. I listened to an audio on the desktop and made a copy of the pages I got from Beverly. Then I took all my recent fabric purchases to the basement to be clipped and washed. While it washed, I called up the picture of the Lutheran Rose banner on my laptop. Using my rolling ruler as a compass, I drew the circle. I had another ruler for dividing it into 5 equal sections. I drew the rose petals (which look more like dogwoods to me), and the heart and the cross. When I put them all together, it looked about right and I decided it was enough work for one night. Maybe next time I can do it in cardboard for tracing on fabric. Speaking of fabric, mine was washed, so I put it in the dryer and typed up my blog.

No comments: