Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bless my stars

I got up around 8:15. I ground up the cashews and sunflower seeds that have been soaking since yesterday. I read e-mail, looked up Witch Fingers to see if they are GMO, but they're not. They do have more sugar than regular grapes. I meditated. I called Alison to set a time to get some honey and eggs. She doesn't have duck eggs right now. After exercise and breakfast, I poured the last of the honey out of the jar so I could wash it and return it to her tomorrow. I had to heat the jar to get it out. Then I laid in the sun for 20 minutes. I ripped labels off of cans for Sunday School. The sun made them hot and the glue just melted, so it was easy. At 2:45 I went to the farmer's market. I got a basket of peaches and some small yellow tomatoes. I gave my egg cartons to the tomato seller. He said he would have brought eggs but didn't have any cartons. When I got home, I listened to an audio. I ate two of the peaches and one of the tomatoes. It was too mild for my taste. I got a few things together for the meeting tonight: some quilted bags, the BOM quilt, and the block drawings. Chris came home around 5. I was tapping along with Brad Yates on Youtube. At 5:30 I gathered my purse and stuff and climbed into my car. I took the shortest route to UAH. The parking lot was fuller than I've ever seen it. We met in a smaller room since our usual room is being used for a class now. The meeting went well. I saw a few people that I haven't seen in a while. Rebecca was there and I didn't have her knife. Oh well. She had a beautiful paper-pieced star quilt top.  Deb did a demo on the urban nine-patch. She also brought the ruler I ordered. Now I can make that Stargello quilt I have been drooling over. After the meeting Rebecca and I chatted for a bit. After she left, I drove to the Asian store for kimchi and kimbap. There was one package left and I was happy to get it. When I got home, Chris was ready to watch TV. The Forever Knight DVD had gone back to Netflix so we watched Forbidden Kingdom with Jackie Chan. I was able to finish the purple binding during the movie. I ate part of the kimbap and put the rest away. It's always better fresh. And the kimchi is always better fermented. I put it in a jar with the old batch to inoculate it. Then I posted to my blog and went to bed.

No comments: