Monday, September 2, 2013

Bertha's is better

There was a big storm last night but I must have gone right back to sleep.  Thunder, lightning, the works.  I felt good in the morning when I woke up.  I wondered if it was due to sleeping with the purple earthing mat.  I read e-mail, exercised, practiced, and fixed breakfast.  When it was time to get dressed, I was going to wear pants, but the temp was too hot.  I had turned the AC off last night because I was cold (at 78), but turned the AC back on this morning even though it was only 77.  I packed lunch consisting of kimchi, nut cheese and seaweed. Then I went to the church. Not many women there. Several had their granddaughters with them because of the holiday. First I helped Roberta make parts of costumes for a play. Then I worked on the panel quilt top. Ran out of grey and hoped I had a few more inches at home. Then I cut squares and rectangles of Christmas fabric to make the quilt top from yesterday bigger. One by one all the ladies left except Virginia. She and I left together around 5:30. I went home to have supper. I listened to an audio while I ate. Then I took my laptop and went downstairs to wash a cabinet with vinegar in preparation for Bob's visit tomorrow. Then I cut two sleeves for the kingsize quilt on my bed. I started sewing it on when that audio ended. I started another one and continued to sew, this time in the dining room. I got an e-mail from Chris who was sitting in the Inchon airport waiting to board. I can't imagine how hard it must have been for him to say goodbye to Michele. That audio ended and I started another one. When I realized it was after 10, I paused it for tomorrow.
*  This is Bertha's version of the Christmas quilt.  Makes mine look pretty sorry.  *

No comments: