Thursday, September 26, 2013

Troubleshooting her machine

I got up before 8:20, thinking that the thing I have been waiting for and preparing for but half hoping would never happen again has now happened. Again. So then I had to make more pads, and boil them and hang them out to dry. Once in the sewing room, I could not resist working on the quilt top I started yesterday. I stopped myself so I could take out the recyclables, finish e-mail, then juice kale, broccoli, celery, carrots and cucumber. After I drank the juice, I realized that I'd forgotten to exercise. I laid in the sun. Then I cleaned up the juicer, and made breakfast. I called Beverly, and she said to come over. So I changed clothes, googled her address, and drove over there. She showed me quilted stuff she had made and stuff she was finishing that her mother and sister-in-law didn't finish.

Then we looked at her machine. It was a lot like mine. The top tension was too tight. I re-threaded it and showed her how to thread the bobbin. She liked it a lot better. But for some reason the tension discs did not disengage when the presser foot was lifted. Then she put on her crossing guard uniform and left. I drove to Huntsville Sew-n-Vac which was on my way home. I bought some fabric and went home. I ate lunch while listening to an audio, then put on the next one and went outside to rake and mow. Chris came home. My audio ended and I came in. We ate supper. I went down to do a little sewing. Chris came down to borrow needle and thread to fix his tie. Then we watched two episodes of Warehouse 13. He checked his e-mail one last time and went to bed. I sang along with today's chanting meditation. It was so good. Om parama prema rupaya namaha.


*  Need I say that these are from the quilt show?  *

No comments: