Tuesday, September 17, 2013

To dilate is better than to die early

I heard Chris leave for work this morning, but somehow fell back asleep until 8:45. I read e-mail, started the exercise process, and finished a video interview with John Gray that I started last night. I c cleaned veggies for juicing, and then read e-mail until 11. I juiced and drank. I called and closed a checking account that will start accruing fees in October. I cleaned up the juicer, not liking the time and effort involved. Then I fixed and ate breakfast. I read more e-mail, and then lay in sun for 20 minutes. I was going to mow, but the heat was getting to me. So I thought I would work downstairs long enough to cool off. While listening to an mp3 of John Gray, I made and sewed labels to three quilts and their pillowcases. When I got to the last one, it was the wrong label, so I had to find the right one and rip it off of the pillowcase I had so painstakingly sewed it to. When the job was completely done, I put the quilts in their cases and moved them out of my way. I wanted to draw Sri Yantra in a 2 foot size. I looked up in the internet how to enlarge drawings. Several Youtube videos explained how to build a projector. But I figured the resulting image would be too indistinct. Then I looked up how to circumscribe a circle around a triangle. I got a piece of packing paper and drew the triangle. I used my newest rolling ruler as a compass. I found the center of the circle, but it was smaller than 2 feet. I moved one side of the triangle until the radius was 12 inches. When I drew the circle, it was right, but went off the edge of the paper. I folded it in half to draw the matching triangle. But I had to come up to review instructions for how to construct the other triangles. It was cooler, so I mowed the lawn, finishing the backyard, and both side yards and inside the fence. I read e-mail, while Chris ate supper. I did the meditation chant for day 7. Then I listened to a funny audio, the FUNdamentals of transformation with Swami Beyondananda. He recommends levity because gravity is a downer. Laughter will dilate your blood vessels, and to dilate is better than to die early. Ha, ha. Then we watched 2 episodes of Warehouse 13 and went to bed.
* No pics today so here is one from the quilt shop last Thursday  *

No comments: