Sunday, September 29, 2013

Blessing the Kneelers

I took extra time to dress because there was a chance I would have to stand up in front of the church. I arrived later than I meant to. I came early to tweak the kneelers, and Cecelia came too. I popped into the craft room to see the cans that the kids painted. Before the service started, the pastor asked Cecelia and I to come forward. He thanked us publicly for the kneelers and gave us each an envelop. When I opened it later, it contained a gift card to Bonefish Grill. When the choir would normally sing, the kids sang with the pastor. He has a wonderful voice. After the sermon, the kneelers were dedicated. During communion, someone spilled wine on one. She rushed it to the kitchen to dab the spot and it all came out. After the service I talked to Melody to congratulate her and her new husband. She mentioned that they both play trombone. I talked to a few others, too. One lady asked me to recover some cushions for her.  Chris went home, and I was right behind him, but got pulled into a conversation about someone I don't know. I went home, and changed clothes, We went to the library and then the gas station and then to the grocery store. After putting the groceries away, I made bread, and had lunch. I read e-mail, and then we made hummus together with garlic he dug up from the lawn. I mowed the side lawn, and the ditch in front. Then I ironed the fabric that got washed yesterday. I chose fabrics for the border of the fish quilt because it wasn't quite big enough. Then I made a salad for supper. It was almost 7. I started listening to an audio while I ate, but had to stop to watch an Inspector Lynley episode with Chris. We looked up several characters on IMDB, and went to bed.

No comments: