Monday, September 16, 2013

From this, to this

I got up at 7:30. I read e-mail, and boiled water to clean the nuts for breakfast. I folded laundry, put it away, and exercised. It still wasn't time to eat, so I ran the numbers for a Lutheran Rose in a 5/7 size. I cleaned up some of the sewing items in guest room (from the kneeler project). I read an article about Lily Flag, a Huntsville cow that won the world record for giving butter in 1892. I juiced a bowl of vegetables and was disappointed by the small amount of juice. I emptied the dishwasher, and then ate breakfast. I packed my usual lunch of seaweed and nut cheese and projects for sewing. I loaded it all in the car, but then the car wouldn't start. All the dash lights came one, but no turnover. There was a special light I hadn't seen before, so I looked it up in the owner's manual. It indicated an anti-theft feature where the car won't start if someone tries to start it without the correct key. Since it WAS the correct key, the 'feature' must be malfunctioning. I was so mad. I called the dealership to see if there was some way around it. First I got a voicemail, and when the callback came, the man told me to just have it towed in. I looked up the problem on the internet and found out that a low battery will cause it too. I called a tow truck. He jumpstarted it and said it looked like it was charging, but not to turn the engine off and to get it checked. So I drove to Firestone. They found the battery needed replacing but everything else was fine. With a new battery, I drove to the church for sewing. Only three ladies were there because of a quilt retreat this week. I got to see Maryann's one block wonder in progress, and Lauri's beachy quilt. I worked on my rug. Carolyn left first, and then Maryann. Laurie and I left together about 5. Chris had just gotten home. We ate supper and then I mowed in the back yard. Each time the mower took a break, I ate a tomato or pepper from the garden. Then it was dark. We read e-mail until 8, then watched an Inspector Lewis DVD.  It was very good.

No comments: