Thursday, September 5, 2013

More graduaion pictures

I got up at 9, not sure why I slept so late. I read e-mail, and started the list of audios. I checked the mailbox since I did not do it yesterday. The DVD I was expecting was there. I exercised and practiced, and then ate breakfast. Later I spent my 20 minutes in the sun. I finished another audio and mowed the lawn. I was tired of the grass needing mowing so soon, so I lowered the deck just a tiny bit. I did not get nearly as much grass covered as last time. And it was slightly wet. Then it was time to put my sewing room back together. I was going to ask Chris to help me move the furniture, but decided to do what I could first. I moved the wooden structure that the dresser sits on. Not too bad. Then I 'walked' the dresser from the garage to the sewing room. It was slow but doable. I added the nine drawers, and took a break. The only thing left was the desk, and it was heavy. Part of the problem was that it wasn't built to carry its own weight , i.e. if you grab it by a shelf or the top, it's own weight could pull it apart. I got a rolling cart under one side. I was able to pick up the other side and roll about 6 inches at a time. I got it in front of the stairs, but it ran into the washing machine. I was tempted to give up. But by tipping it on its side (taking a chance), somehow there was just enough room to turn the corner and get it into the room. I flipped it right side up, trying not to let it bang on the tile, but it did. Well, better than on my foot. I knew I had taken a chance with my back so I laid down on the couch. Chris came home sometime later and started laundry. When I went up, I finished a video I started earlier. We ate supper. Staring out at the yard, I realized that the overgrowth by the back fence was gone! I went out to see it up close. Yep. Someone razed the whole section up to the culvert. Must have been the guys who took down the tree next door. On the way back I picked some nearly ripe tomatoes. Then I showered, dressed and went to choir practice. There was a stack of folders but none with my name in it, so I decided to wait until after practice to get one of the leftovers. We practiced for an hour. One man was singing an octave below the bass line, even when it went low. I liked it. After we were dismissed, some stayed to practice music for Rally Day. If they had told me, I would have brought my trombone. I listened and then picked up a folder to go. Mary came over to tell me that I'd only have to play an intro and conclusion to the songs I'd practiced, because the others would be singing it. Then Jennifer asked if we would do the patriotic songs again. And we will be singing and playing while the congregation is getting their picnic lunch. Okay. I came home to find Chris on his laptop. He showed me all the pics he took at graduation, which he had then erased from the camera. We transferred them to my laptop. He was too tired to watch TV, so we just went to bed.

No comments: