Tuesday, September 3, 2013

He's Baaaaack!

I got up around 8. I read e-mail, drank 2 glasses of water, and listened to an audio while stitching a sleeve to my kingsize quilt. Bob arrived a bit after 9. His helper sprayed the desk and dresser with Kilz, and then they drove off. I exercised, stitched more, and had breakfast. I got an e-mail from Chris that he was in the Detroit airport waiting for a flight to Huntsville. I finished the CD from last night which for some reason stopped playing in mid-sentence. I practiced, spent some time in the sun, heard another audio, and took a shower. After lunch I put my brown and orange quilt top in a bag. I looked up the airport area on the internet to explore different ways to get there. I decided to go early to avoid 5 o'clock traffic. So I went to Quilter's Combo (in the airport area) to find matching fabric for the quilt. She had lots of not-quite choices. I bought some of each. Then I went to a nearby thrift shop, and spent lots of time there 'cause it wasn't time to pick up Chris yet. I visited the Korean market next door. Then I sat in my car, running quantum clearing codes. Chris still hadn't called yet. I saw that the gear shift dust cover was falling apart. I picked the pieces of it out of the gear shift unit with a pair of chopsticks from my purse. Chris called, first when deboarding, then after picking up his baggage. I followed the route that the QC lady gave me. There was lots of traffic and stop lights along the way. I did not realize how commercial that area was. Chris was waiting for me on the arrival and departure lane. I let him drive home. We talked about his trip on the way. When we got home, he unpacked and gave me the 12 new pairs of underwear, 10 pairs of footlets, and 6 cones of thread that he got for me in Korea. I cut the tags off and put the underwear in the hamper. We spent some time together and he fell asleep. I ate supper and listened to another couple of audios. I finished stitching the sleeve onto the quilt, and folded it up to see how big a pillow case I will need in order to submit it to the quilt show. Chris was still asleep, so I decided to post and go to bed. Or maybe listen to one of the book CD's and then go to bed.
*  What?  You'd rather see the cones of thread?  *

No comments: