Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Even more quilts from the show

I started the day at 9. It seemed late but I had trouble sleeping last night. I started listening to interviews, and reading e-mail. I got one from my aunt saying that her son died in his sleep. I was shocked, had no idea he had health problems. I called my dad to tell him, but they were rushing to the fitness center. I finished the first audio and started a second. I did my exercises, and put kale in water to plump up. I laid in sun early (as recommended in an earlier audio). This audio was boring and the guy talking slowly, seeming to ramble at times. I juiced the kale with celery and carrots. After drinking, I called Dad again, but there was no answer. As I was cleaning up, Dad called. I told him and talked to Mom but couldn't tell her. Her breathing sounded alarming, but they were still at the fitness center so I guess if she needed intervention, they would have called 911. I ate breakfast, and listened to another audio, while making reservations for our anniversary at Desoto State Park. I took the laptop downstairs to listen while I worked on a wallhanging. Then I got an idea for a quilt using large print fabric. I have been trying to use a fish print that I got last week to make a boy's quilt as requested of our guild. I worked on that all afternoon, even after the battery died and I had to plug it back in upstairs. Chris came home a little early. When he came down to say hello, I told him about Joey's death. We ate supper, then I took a shower and went to choir practice. I gave pastor the eyemask for his wife. I told Jennifer that I will be out of town the sunday that the children and women are singing. I came home after practice. Chris and I watched an Inspector Lewis movie. Then Michele skyped Chris from Osaka. It was good to hear her voice. She is finding out how expensive traveling is.

No comments: