Thursday, September 12, 2013

Fabric field trip

I tried to stay awake after Chris left for work. I got out of bed around 7:25. It was too early to eat breakfast. I rebooted my computer, and posted to my blog. Then I checked e-mail, packed a lunch of kimbap and kimchi, and set the recyclables out by the road. Then I sat in the garage, quilting, while I waited for Barbara. I had only just started when she arrived with Alice. I got in and we dropped off a book at someone's house and then picked up Laurie at Stanlios. We went north on Jordan Lane for a long time. Laurie and I talked in the back seat so I didn't see the rest of the route. We went to Goodlettsville (north of Nashville)so Barbara could drop off a quilt for their show. The drop-off point was a quilt shop so we shopped. It had mostly batiks, repro's and Civil War. I brought a piece of Civil War fabric to match, but it wasn't there. The lady in charge wrote down all the info about it and suggested a web site and another quilt shop. While the others were shopping, I went to Barbara's car to eat some of my kimbap. When the others were done, we went to a place called Chef's Market. I held a table while the other three stood in line. They all loved the food and I must admit that it smelled wonderful. Then we drove to Franklin, to Stitcher's Garden. I could not believe the amount of fabric they had. It was impossible to see all the bolts because they were piled so high. I chose a fabric much like the one I needed. Then I picked out grays for my stash. A few other fabrics snuck in, too. Then we piled in Barbara's car for the trip home. It was around 4:30 when I got home. I ate some tongue and made a salad. Chris came home and made his own supper. We read e-mail before watching TV. Netflix sent us another Warehouse 13 DVD, so we watched some of that.
*  One pic of Stitcher's Garden cannot do it justice.  It is crammed full of bolts and other quilting necessities.  *

No comments: