Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sewing at home

I woke up early, but because Chris wasn't ready, I stayed in bed for awhile. When I got up, I boiled water for breakfast and emptied the dishwasher and restacked it. I listened to an audio, exercised, and then ate breakfast. I laid in the sun as I usually do. Then I went downstairs to work on pillowcases, but had to get stuff cleared out first. I searched for a gray strip for an unfinished project, but there wasn't another one, so I had to substitute. I found denim for the Monday project. My laptop battery ran out so I had to come up to plug it in. I spent time on researching sri yantra, and finally printed one out. I want to make it into a quilt so will have to figure out how to print it bigger. Chris made onion soup and did laundry. I swept the porch and steps. I marked the piece of denim with chalk lines at 2 inch intervals. I looked through my scrap box for suitable scraps for the rug that the denim will become. I listened to another audio, but gave up on it as I wasn't really listening. I did some handquilting in the garage, finishing the third block. The soup was ready so we ate that. I picked some peppers, too. Then for what seemed like a long time, I cut scraps into small strips for the rug. Chris was gaming with the voices. I also made pillowcases with sample squares to submit my quilts in for the quilt show. They will have the required label, but isn't it even better if they look like the quilt that's in them?
*  This is Lauri's quilt  *

No comments: