Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Library

My phone alarm went off at 8. I got up to shut it off and started the preparations for breakfast. I showered and dressed. I was thinking of going to church at 9:30 for sunday school in case they needed me. But as it got later, I decided it might send the wrong message, making me appear to be more willing than I am. Instead, we left at 10. It was a little early for the choir warm-up. I talked to Tamara and she had almost all the volunteers she needed. What she really wanted were coordinators to take future lesson blocks. When the adult sunday school left the sanctuary, the choir went in to sing. Then, while waiting for the service to start, I took some blue fabrics and some red fabrics into the parament room to compare with one of the wallhangings. I chose the closest ones. During the service, there was a dedication of the new red hymnals. I am not sure why we needed new hymnals since the music is printed in the bulletin. After the service I went looking for the bench seats that were supposed to be finished on Friday, but they were nowhere to be found. After church we went to Publix for groceries. As we were putting them away, Roberta called to say she'd be over as soon as she had something to eat. So I changed my clothes, put bread fixings in the bread machine, and ate some meatloaf and olives for lunch. I was just sitting down to the quilt in the garage when she drove up. I thought we were going to a musical written by her daughter, but it was just a preview held at the library. Although I was a little disappointed about not seeing the costumes (which I helped her a teensy bit in making), the music was good and the kids were talented. After the preview, we toured the library, which I had never seen before but meant to. It was very nice. I got a library card and picked out some videos that Chris and I might enjoy watching at night. When she dropped me off at home, she told me she'd give me a ride to a real performance next week. When I walked up to the house, I was greeted by the mouth-watering smell of bacon. Mmmmm. I read e-mail and listened to a chanted meditation. I did some tapping outlined in an article. I mowed parts of the lawn. I picked a tomato and a pepper. I watched some tapping videos associated with the article, and ran some quantum clearing codes. I read an article on Dirk Benedict.  We watched a DVD of Dilbert episodes.  Heretofore, we did not know such existed.  They must not have been popular, and now we know why.

No comments: