Monday, December 2, 2013

Back in the groove


I made a list of the activities in my morning routine yesterday.  This morning I followed the list. I meditated, wrote to my blog for yesterday, and took my supplements.  What took the longest was to prepare quilting projects to work on during the day.  I loaded my sewing project box, and drove to the church.  Lauri wasn’t there because she had back problems.  I felt so bad for her.  Bertha wasn’t there either, but that was because her dog had puppies.  Several of us discussed the party next week and what to bring.  I hoped I would remember when I got home.  I finished my scrap block and turned to the second fish quilt.  I cut yellow strips and sewed them onto irregularly sized rectangles of fish.  I’ll need a design wall to figure out how to put them together. When I left, only Cheryl was still there.  Her husband was with her so I didn’t mind leaving.  I hoped to be home before Chris.  And I was, although he pulled into the driveway as I was backing into my space.  There was just enough daylight for me to get my key in the doorknob.  He got the mail.  There was a $4000 bill from the medical center.  Chris tried calling, but whoever answered the phone told him he’d have to call back during regular business hours.  That means I have to call.  I had to do some tapping to get past all the emotion.  Hopefully this is just their shot-in-the-dark to see if we will pay without questioning.  Chris put sweet potatoes, beef, and bacon in the oven.  I made fermented nut cheese, and hummus.  The hummus was so good.  The doorbell rang and I answered it.  The delivery guy was already halfway across the yard.  I picked up the box on the porch.  It was a set of sheets from my mother-in-law.  I opened the box and put them in the washer.  I printed out the hummus and nut cheese recipes, which were handwritten on old slips of paper, to stick on the inside of the cupboard door.  I did it in Powerpoint and it seemed more difficult than it needed to be.  But it got done, and I had been meaning to do it for a long time. I transferred the last of the old kimchi to a bowl.  It wasn’t cut, so my fork pulled up an entire cabbage.  I sectioned it, but kimchi juice splattered everywhere.  Chris went down to get the Netflix movie started, and I brushed my teeth and made notes for my blog.  We watched the second half of Tin Man, and some of the interviews.  Chris set out his clothes for tomorrow, and I posted to my blog before going to bed.
*  I think this is Mary Ann's quilt  *

No comments: