Saturday, December 7, 2013

It's beginning to look like Christmas



My day started at 7:15.  I deleted the first round of e-mails.  I did a long meditation.  My Achilles tendon was acting up so I alternated heat and cold on it.  After the cold, it felt worse.  I skipped the exercises.  I put on wedge shoes and that seemed to clear it up.  Pinterest suggested an origami tree, so I tried one.    Then I showered and ate breakfast.  I printed out Joann coupons on the desktop, after rebooting it out of Ubuntu.  I used a rolling ruler and a pencil to make the circle skirt pattern large enough for the biggest girl in the church play.  It had rained all morning and was showing no signs of letting up.  I practiced my trombone while looking out the window to the driveway.  When I saw Denise drive up, I grabbed a coat and umbrella and ran out.  First we went to JoAnns for sewing-related gifts and ribbon for the tu-tus.  Then to EarthFare where she asked me to reach a jar of sauerkraut from the top shelf.  I can't remember the last time someone asked ME to reach something.  I got raw cheese and a packet of wheatgrass powder.  She suggested it might give me energy.  Finally we went to Walmart for stuff and groceries.   She drove me home before n5:30.  Chris was home with a burrito cooling on a plate beside him.  I fixed my own supper of sweet potato, liver, persimmon, and hummus.  His game was delayed, so we watched one episode of Forever Knight.  Then he got online to talk to the players.  I heard footsteps and found the delivery guy dropping off my latest Swansons order – mostly nuts.  I listened to an audio with headphones because Chris was gaming nearby.  I played a second audio on the tablet in dining room while I cut the gold top circle and the six netting circles that go under it.  I made a pattern for the girls who will wear the silver tu-tus and cut the two silver top circles.  Then I decided that I should finish the gold tu-tu before I cut anything else, just in case the cutting has to be tweaked.  I went in the basement with the tablet to finish some edges on shepherd costumes,  then sewed the gold netting circles together in pairs.  I serged a sample of the gold lame to be sure the stitch was right.  The second audio had ended and I tried to start another audio, but it must have been coded differently because the tablet would not display the ‘player’.  So I came up to get the laptop and discovered that it was closing in on midnight. When I finish this post, I am going to bed.
I juiced and misjudged how much it would make.

No comments: