Thursday, December 12, 2013

The Fourth Party - with Elves!

I got up about 8:30.  The sun was shining so brightly it must be warm, but the thermometer disagreed.  So I stayed in to read e-mail with my HappyLight.  I did take out the recyclables and the cold reminded me of Korea.  Since the Thursday group normally starts at 10, and I was bringing the game, I figured I should be on time, or close to it.  So I had time to juice or have breakfast, but not both.  I juiced: broccoli, celery, and a very long, narrow cucumber.  That made a lot of juice.  Yesterday I used some kale from outside, but skipped that today.  After drinking the juice, I cut up meat and cheese on a plate, and grabbed my basket of fat quarters and some tu-tus to work on.  I got to the church about 10:30.  Everyone was sewing, so I did, too.  I ripped the 6 tulle layers from the band of the new tu-tu, then repositioned it to 3 longer layers and basted them back together.  Several people passed out gifts.  I wished I could too, but there wasn't time to make anything.  Around noon we ate potluck.  Later we played the trading game.  16 people stood around the pingpong table and threw fat quarters in the center.  I threw in 4 from the basket.  I would have thrown in more if I had known we'd only play it once.  After everyone had had one chance to roll the dice, there were two fq's left.  Rather than go part way around, they gave them to me since I did not play (figuring there ought to be an even number of players).  Then they thanked me and went back to sewing and chatting.  They really seemed to like the game and one lady tried to find out where she could buy a set of such dice.  When I finished all I could do by hand, I packed up and went home.  I fixed and ate my usual breakfast, and checked e-mail.  I started watching "Anatomy of an Illness" which is about Norman Cousins healing himself of ankylosing spondilitis with intravenous vitamin C, and funny movies.  I took the third bread wreath out of the freezer to thaw.  I went out to enjoy the sunlight by raking leaves.  By 4 it was hard to find the sun.  When I came in, I watched some more of the movie, and then meditated.  It was fully dark and Chris was not home.  I warmed the oven to rise the bread and finished the movie.  He came home about 6:30.  We discussed interviews and referral lists and our possible futures.  Then he changed his clothes and ate supper. I baked the bread and then we watched one episode of Bones. It was funny because she was considering running for president.  Then Chris went to bed, not feeling 100%.  I put hydrogen peroxide in my ears to keep myself at 100%.  I watched one last video and wrote my blog in Microsoft Word.  I was about to post it when the screen went crazy and scrolled to the bottom and became completely unresponsive. I could not get my blog post back.  Finally I had to recreate it in Blogger.

No comments: