Saturday, December 28, 2013

Leaving Virginia

I got up before 8 to use the bathroom. That is when I heard a thump in the back. I imagined Mom had fallen, but when I got there, Dad had her dressed and was helping her into her wheelchair. He pushed her into the den and I went back to bed for a little while. Then Chris got up and dressed, so I did, too. I fed Mom her breakfast, then made mine. There was green juice from yesterday and we both had some. We also both ingested coconut oil and liposomal vitamin C. Chris put the letters in the mail. I crossed that item off my to-do list. Everything on Dad's list got done except defrosting the freezer. Chris packed all our stuff in the car. We said goodbye to Mom and Dad. Then we hit the road. We finished the book on CD from last weekend. Then we started another. When we got near Bristol, I called the Amish store to see if they had gotten in some raw cheese. Sadly no. Chris took me to the Japanese restaurant that we went to after Thanksgiving, and I got the same raw fish platter. Finally we checked into our hotel, the same one as last weekend. They gave us the same room, too. Big and cold. Chris turned on the heat and I tried to look hot. But I had to wear several coats while dozing and waiting for the room to warm up. When I felt rested, I checked my e-mail, and then we watched 4 episodes of Bones on my laptop using the DVD drive. We shared some of the dried fruit that Chris got for Christmas. I took my splint off to rest my finger, but it felt a little sore. After watching the season ender, I finished my blog post from yesterday and wrote one for today. I had a little trouble getting pics from my tablet to my laptop, so I had to use ones that Faye e-mailed to herself from my Yahoo account. Thanks, Faye. 
*  This pic is from a few days ago.  For whatever reason, the click path that I used yesterday to save a photo from e-mail doesn't work that same way today.  So...back to the drawing board.  * 

No comments: