Sunday, December 15, 2013

The children's Christmas musical

I got up before 8 to check on the tu-tus. The glue had dried, but stuck to the paper underneath. I rubbed the paper with spit to get it off. I put the tu-tus on hangers and took them upstairs. I fixed breakfast and ate it with e-mail. I took a shower after Chris did. Then I got dressed and headed out the door for church. When I got there, the first service was still in session. I went to the garden room where the costumes were laid out. As the kids came in, I dressed them. I shone my flashlight on the new star, but it did nothing in the daylight. Kurt hung it anyway. At 9:28 we herded all the kids into the sanctuary for their Christmas musical. The pews were packed and the kids were fabulous! I'll admit I was worried. I must have chewed my tongue because it was sore for the rest of the day. When it was over, Kurt presented bouquets of flowers to Shannon, myself, Jennifer the piano player, and Jennifer the director. We were all surprised. While the congregation and the kids ate cookies in the fellowship hall, I gathered and folded the costumes and put them in the room they were stored in. I told the 'stars' that they could keep their tu-tus. Chris did not come to church because he was still sick, so I worshipped without him. During the passing of the peace, one man gave me a very firm handshake and my cut finger protested vociferously. I gave four-fingered handshakes after that. There were plenty of people to talk to after church, and I picked up all the things that belonged to me. When I got home, Chris had started the laundry. I ate lunch and procrastinated going to the grocery store alone. But the temp was dropping so I went before 2. I got what was on the list, and a few things that were not, like a leaf of aloe. It looked like it was left over from last week. I hoped it would become a regular item. The clerk asked me how I eat it and I told her. When I got home, Chris helped me put the food away. I hooped Barbara's quilt and put it in a bag. I drove to the storage facility where we meet once a month. One lady was addressing her Christmas cards and the others were looking at magazines. It was all about the conversation. I finished replacing a seam in Kurt's coat, which I wore to the meeting. It was a little big, but surprisingly warm. Then I worked on Barbara's quilt. At 5 we packed up to leave. It was dark and cold. When I got home, I ate supper, and put some nuts and seeds in a jar of water to soak overnight.  While Chris and I watched multiple episodes of Bones, we could hear a critter scratching around between the floors.
Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.

No comments: