Monday, December 9, 2013

Quilty Christmas Party



After going to bed so late, I woke up at 8:30.  It could have been worse.  I changed the blood-soaked bandage on my finger.  There was a lump on the second joint and hydrogen peroxide made it bubble.  I skimmed my e-mail, while following an abbreviated morning routine and sitting by the HappyLight.   I left out the juicing and supplements.  I ate breakfast and dressed in red and green.   I did not have time to wrap my swap gift if I wanted to be on time.  I just moved the stuff we needed into my car and left for the church.  When I got there, I brought in the folding screen and clips and strips and bread and butter.  We hung two small quilts on the wall, and covered the folding screen with a quilt.  There were not so many ladies there by 11.  We played the fat quarter game twice and an anagram game.  The food table was full by noon.  I cut my bread wreath on a plate.  We lined up to fill our plates and sat at the decorated tables.  After eating, we were invited to grab a gift from the swap table.  I got a pair of salt and pepper shakers shaped like cupcakes.  We also got to open a wrapped box from our tables. Mine had a crocheted white cross in it.  The ladies who brought cookies for the cookie swap made their rounds of the cookie table.  We played the fat quarter game again.  Roberta and Mirna started cleaning up and taking down.  Eventually it was all put back the way we usually see the room.  While moving one of the tables, the bag containing my butter dish fell, and it shattered.  It must have been a cheap one, but it matched my crystal pattern and was the only one we own.  Thankfully the glass bread plate (from Germany) did not even chip.  Mirna and I got many compliments on our decorating.  If I can’t decorate at home, this is the next best thing.  When I got home, I read through my e-mail, (again with the HappyLight to regulate melatonin) and meditated.  I laid out the netting for the next tu-tu.  I figured out how to fold it so I can cut three layers at a time and baste them together while they still match up.  It did not work so well the first time because the netting kept catching on my sleeve or the pattern and it skewed.  The second cut went better because I pinned it to the tablecloth in lots of places.  At 7pm, we went down to watch an episode of Island at War.  It was ok, but I had a hard time following it.  Then we watched old episodes of Star Trek.  There are a lot of plot holes that I missed in the ‘60’s.  Chris went to bed, and I will too, after blogging and basting the second cut of netting, and listening to an audio.

No comments: