Saturday, December 14, 2013

The last practice

I woke up at 8:30. Chris was still asleep, so I quietly got up to read e-mail, exercise, etc. I juiced all the remaining veggies except what I needed for a salad tonight. I picked some kale, too. I was listening to an audio and that kept me chained to the dining room because I was using headphones so I wouldn't wake up Chris. While I was fixing breakfast, he got up and took a shower., then made coffee. I worked on a wallhanging in my sewing room until 1:40. Then I gathered my stuff and went to church. Iwatched the play practice, helping where needed. I saw the two lame tu-tus fraying, caught on the wands. At one point, all the kids point to a hanging star, but it does not stand out. The man who moved the table with the nativity scene so the kids wouldn't break it, wobbled on the way back and the angel fell off and hit the carpet and shattered. Afterward, I went to Pier One, Party City, Marshalls, and Hobby Lobby looking for a pre-lit star and an angel. I found mirrored star at Marshalls but it was broken. I bought a reflective star at Hobby Lobby and a flameless tealight to go inside. But when I got it home, the tea light would not fit inside and it was too yellow anyway. The best option was a powerful flashlight. I plan to bring a regular one which is all I have. I took the tu-tus to the basement to put a line of glue around the edges to slow down the fraying. I made a salad for supper. Chris was up for just a little bit, long enough for us to change the sheets. Then he laid down again. I went down to work on Kurt's jacket. I wonder if he knows that the rip in the back is not the only problem. I fixed it as best I could. Then I worked on the sleeve. When I came up, it was after 9. I checked a few e-mails and did some tapping, mostly for my finger which is trying to heal, but keeps bumping against things. I put a piece of aloe on it, and a bandaid to hold that on. I called it quits at 11 and decided to blog and go to bed.
*  The 'stars' of our play  *

No comments: