Friday, December 27, 2013

First half of Friday - Chris arrives from Alabama

Dad got Mom's pills ready so I could feed her Ensure. I juiced all the rest of my vegetables and most of Dad's. It was so handy to have some table space. We drank as much as we could, but there was more. Mom drank 3 cups. The rest went into the fridge. I made two breakfasts, one for today and one for Sunday. I continued cleaning in the livingroom, then took an e-mail break. Chris called to say he'd be in around 5. I continued to clean, rearrange, and toss. I washed the sweet potatoes and coated them with coconut oil, and put them in the oven for 45 minutes. I took the Kirby rug attachment apart to get all the strings off of the beater bar. When I went back to take them out, I had to step over Dad who was sleeping on the floor in the den. Then the doorbell rang. Two young Mormon men wanted to talk to me. I had to beg off to get the potatoes out. Faye called to say she'd be over about 6. Mom wanted yogurt. While I was feeding her, my phone rang. Chris was calling me to say he'd arrived but all the house doors were locked. I let him in and saw there was a package by the door. I finished feeding her and Chris prepared the pork chops and put them in the oven.
*  This is Faye wearing her Merry Christmas shirt  *
pf

No comments: