Monday, December 23, 2013

Not my usual Monday

I slept in until 10. I guess I was tired. I fed Mom, then juiced kale, carrots, cranberries, and broccoli. The three of us drank it.  Clean-up was a bear. Dad gave me a list of things he would like me to do this week. I am not sure how he thinks I am going to defrost his upright freezer, but I can handle the sewing items. I fixed my breakfast and ate it. I took my supplements with red tea. By then it was almost 1. I read e-mail until Dad said that checks had to be written in an hour for the mailman to take. But the mailman came early. We did three. I worked on the quilt binding until I ran out of black thread. I called Faye for more since she was going to Wal-Mart. Dad and I put laundry in the washer. I insisted we divide it into two loads. I fed Mom one Ensure, and then they left after 5 for the Fitness Center. I ate an egg, and apple, and hummus with raw garlic. I pinned and basted the pant legs of Dad's new jeans. My fingersplint came off, and I had to renew the tape. This is what I call affordable health care.  Thanks, Faye. I watched TV while sewing the new hems. St. Olaf's was singing Christmas music. I checked e-mail and did some tapping. When I saw Mom and Dad drive up, I pulled the second load out of the dryer. I fed Mom an Ensure with her evening pills. Dad fed himself and put some laundry away. I hardboiled 4 eggs. I also whip-stitched the edges of the hems to the inside of the pantlegs. Then I put Mom to bed. I checked e-mail one last time and wrote to my blog, planning on going to bed myself.
*  took this pic on the way up on Saturday.  *

No comments: