Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Catching up on E-mail



I did not go right to bed after posting to my blog.  I noticed that the current Swanson’s deal (13% off) was ending at midnight, so I put the various kinds of raw nuts on my list.  Then I measured out vitamins and supplements for the week to see if I was low on anything else.  It was still before midnight when I was able to place the order.
    I got up just after 8.  It wasn’t raining, but the world seemed wet.  I discovered in my inbox an ad from Swanson’s offering a 15% rebate on anything I order.  But it did not include free shipping, so I got the better deal last night.  I used the same list of activities to begin my day.  I added meditation since there were three that I had to get through to stay current.  I also called the medical center to dispute the charge.  I was transferred twice.  The third person seemed to understand and promised to call me back. I resumed e-mail, and then juiced broccoli, celery and cranberries.  I spent quite some time and effort scrubbing glass pans in the sink.  Then I made breakfast and checked my phone.  The lady had called back and left a message that we now had a $0 balance.  I minced a clove of garlic into 2 T hummus to mask the taste.  It was not too bad, but I think half a clove will do for tomorrow.   I did the second meditation and read more e-mail.  I played Christmas songs on piano to see if my skills are up to volunteering to do a sing-a-long.  I thought again about Freecycle-ing all the boxes that the supplements are shipped in.  The pile is reaching critical mass.  I raked the back yard with one foot bare while listening to an audio.  It was not cold, but the leaves were wet.  I was meditating again when Chris came home from work.  I sat him in a chair in the carport to have a light and the remnants of daylight.  I cut Chris’ hair.  The razor was loud, which was good since it covered up my muttering things like "Oops", and "How did that happen?" and "Good thing you wanted it short."  Then we put sweet potatoes and liver in the oven.  Chris made himself a burrito.  I listened to an audio or two.  I looked up Pharoah Narmer to see how much of the background for the story “The Third Gate” was true.  I followed a tapping video on Youtube.  Then we went down to watch three episodes of Star Trek on VHS.  It takes me back to my childhood. 
*  This is a quilt literally bound for Linus  * 

No comments: