Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Two more parties

I got up at 8:40, later than I intended.  It seemed like I was awake most of the night, listening to the rain.  The only good thing about it was that it wasn’t snow.  The HappyLight did not help me get to sleep after all.  I read some e-mail and finished an audio from last night.  I read about epsilon wave entrainment and tried one on Youtube.  I juiced celery, zucchini, baby kale and cranberries.  Chris left the bread machine out, so I took the hint and filled it with the usual ingredients and turned it on.  I ate breakfast.  I took the toy and went to see the Tuesday group at University Baptist.  I was greeted by lots of ladies.  It was heartwarming and I wish I could remember their names.   Sadly, there were too many ‘late riser’ comments.  I don’t know if they are being insensitive or if I am being too sensitive.  I left when they lined up to eat their pot luck, having just finished breakfast.  I stopped on the way home for tissue packs.  I measured the different choices and none matched the covers that I had.  I ate kimchi, and liver when I got home.  I read e-mail next to the HappyLight, and took my supplements.  I sewed 17 tissue covers, and filled them with packs of tissues. I made an ornament like I saw Rebecca do, and I made another bag like the one I made on Sunday (but forgot to take a pic of).  It is just a folded 16 inch square.  I found a basket to put the tissue covers in.  (I think it was Michele’s Easter basket).   I put a new rotary blade in the bag and wrapped it in a fat quarter.   I attached a bow and the ornament.  Chris was home by then and asked me if I needed him to do anything.  He offered to cube the ham and cheese.  He put the cubes on a plate and covered it with plastic wrap.  I grabbed my stuffed tree for show-and-tell.   Then I drove over to UAH for the guild meeting and party.  I saw Elaine and her mother there.  She looked so familiar but I did not recognize her until she mentioned doing the HQH meeting last month. I walked around with the basket, inviting the ladies to choose a tissue pack they liked.  It was such a little thing, but they seemed touched.  Deb opened the meeting with show and tell, future dates for meetings and Sewing Saturdays. After the meeting we ate from the food table.  Lisa had brought brownies made with almond flour, and no sugar, so I tried one and it was good.  For our gift exchange, Elaine was asked to draw names from the basket to pick or steal a gift.  I chose my own gift since there would be no chance of someone else getting it and being disappointed.  If someone really liked it, they could steal it.  Logical, yes?  No one stole it, so it was a good plan.  Then we broke into small groups, chatting, and packing up.  On the way home I stopped at the Asian grocery store for kimbap, but they were sold out.  He gave me a calendar with their number so I could call ahead next time.  When I got home, Chris was ready to watch TV.  I crushed a garlic clove into some hummus and mixed it with fermented cod liver oil.  Then we saw the first 2 episodes of Bones Season 8.  It seems like I had been waiting for a long time to find out what happened after she drove off with her baby.  Now I hear that the next BBC Sherlock episode will air on January 1st.  I have been waiting even longer to find out how he faked his death. 

No comments: