Monday, December 2, 2013

Home again, home again



I did not sleep well since the room was too hot.  Chris turned the heat off and we slept in.  I heard my phone alarm got off, and still we slept. Finally I read e-mail while Chris took a shower.  Then he went to the hotel breakfast and I washed up and ate my breakfast.  Since it was Sunday, I put on my new earrings.  Then we packed up our stuff, loaded it in the car, and checked the room one last time for things that might get left behind.  We drove straight through, only stopping once to go to the bathroom and get cheese out of the food box.  At the beginning of the trip, we talked, but then reverted to the book on CD.  We rolled into Huntsville at 3:30, with two CD’s to go.  I was glad to have real toilet paper, as opposed to the flimsy useless stuff in the hotel.  We discovered items on front porch: boxes and mail.  There was a birthday card and a Thanksgiving card, as well as a Swanson shipment.  Our outdoor plants had frozen and mostly disappeared.  The trees had lost all their leaves.  One naked tree was turning a lichen-shade of green. Chris cooked the turkey innards that his mother saved for me.  Then we went grocery shopping.  I bought a very large aloe leaf.  After we put the food away, I started a loaf of bread for Chris.  I put the new supplements away, and emptied dishwasher.  I ate the innards and put some nuts in a jar to soak for tomorrow.  Chris hardboiled eggs, and  boiled rice.  We checked e-mail and I listened to audios, unable to catch up on the all the ones posted this week.  Why can’t they take Thanksgiving and Christmas week off?  There was also a ton of e-mails from people and companies running specials for Friday, or the weekend.  But there wasn’t time to process them all.  Around 8 we put the remaining CD’s in the CD File in the living room.  We sat on the couch and listened as they played automatically.  When the book was over, we went to bed. 
*  This is snow in Bristol TN/VA  *

No comments: