Saturday, December 21, 2013

Arrival in Richmond

   
I did not sleep well last night. Someone had their TV turned up. Thankfully I had mp3 headphones to drown out the noise. In the middle of the night, I woke up because the room was hot. Chris had so many covers on that I put a hand on him to make sure he wasn't too hot, and it seemed like he wasn't breathing... But then he woke up and I was relieved.
     We got up after 8 EST. He took a shower while I washed out of the sink because my foot still hurts where the splinters were and I didn't want to get the bandaid wet. I put hydrogen peroxide on it afterward, but there was no fizzing so why won't it heal? My stomach felt distended and uncomfortable, probably from eating restaurant food. Chris ate the leftovers from his meal last night, and I ate my prepared breakfast from home. We got on the road about 10. We finished yesterday's book on CD and started another one. The trip to Richmond was fairly uneventful. The GPS tried to take us a different route than usual, and insisted we turn around for what seemed like an hour. Then some one had dropped a drawer in the middle of the road and we had to swerve around it. Our first stop was for kimchi in Chester, and then we went to my parents' house. Dad and Chris went grocery shopping while I fed Mom Ensure, yogurt, cruciferous juice, and half a sub. Then I trimmed the quilt I brought and started sewing the binding. The men came home with more food than seemed necessary. Dad took his time putting it away. I think he gets distracted. Chris read e-mail in the living room. The TV went off. At first we thought it was the breaker, then the outlet. But it was a GFCI in the kitchen. I don't know why the TV outlet is on that circuit. Then Mom got to watch TV for awhile. We missed part of Lawrence Welk's Christmas special. When the next show was over, I took her back to get all washed up for tomorrow. Then I fed her Ensure with pills. Dad and I brushed her teeth and put her in bed. It took 2 hours. Now I'm ready for bed, but Dad isn't. He's still eating, I think. 
*  from Thursday night  *
  

No comments: