Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Picking up the pieces now that the rush of activity is over

My day started at 8:20. I put the quilt in a USPS box. I had to reboot my computer last night and wondered if I could get all my open windows back. No. Microsoft: I reject your OS and reserve the right to substitute my own.
  I used my laptop to schedule a pickup from the post office since I did not want to stand in line. Then I used the desktop to pay the postage and print out the label. I affixed it to the box. While playing a CD Chris gave me of AMC music, I put stuff away. It seems like I have been running from one engagement to the next without cleaning up or putting back. I read e-mail, but did not exercise. I used my HappyLight because it might be working. I swept the kitchen floor and unstacked and re-stacked the dishwasher. A few dishes had to be washed by hand. Before breakfast the sun was shining so brightly that I went outside to rake in the rays. My back gave me warning signals from time to time so instead of carrying the leaves to the back yard, I raked them onto the sidewalk and left them there. After juicing and breakfast, I folded 2 baskets of laundry. I took some time to meditate and tap. I went to the fish market for raw wild salmon. I was worried about making the left turn to get back home, but the nice lady there pointed out the access to a gas station which allowed me to get back onto Bailey Cove/Carl T. Jones making a right turn. I was so happy. When I got home, I tore into the fish. It was as good as I remembered. I raked more leaves in the last of the sunlight. Then I washed the kitchen floor and dried it with an old towel so it wouldn't be wet when Chris came home, which he did soon after I finished. He fixed his supper and I ate the salad from yesterday, along with my special mixture of hummus, raw garlic, and fermented cod liver oil. Chris looked at my finger and said he thought it was infected and that it should be re-opened and cleaned out.  Ouch!  I hope he's wrong.  Then we watched several episodes of Bones. He went to bed, and I stayed up to blog, but not for long. Oh, and last night I did make the fermented nut cheese before I went to bed.
*  This is the steering wheel cover that Cheryl  gave me  *

No comments: