Friday, December 20, 2013

Northward Bound

We got up after 8. I vaguely remember breakfast and packing. There was a lot to do and I was afraid of forgetting things. We got on the road about 11. We listened to a Janet Evanovich book on CD. I kept the second knuckle of my hurt finger against the window because it was cold. We stopped at a Hardee's for Chris to buy lunch. Around 4 CST (5 Eastern) we rolled into Bristol, Tn, to buy cheese at the Amish store. They were all out of raw cheese. Then we went to a Day's Inn in Bristol, Va. We were given a large room. With a little rearranging you could fit another kingsize bed. But the heat had been completely off so it was just as cold as outside. We turned the heat up and went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I got shrimp and Chris got chicken and chorizo. When he was done with his ice water, I stuck my finger in it to numb the pain. He said it looks like it is healing, but it doesn't feel that way. When we got back to the room, it was warmer, but still chilly. We watched 3 episodes of Bones on my computer, then checked IMDB for characters that looked familiar. We went to bed about 10:30 EST. 
*  This pic is from show-n-tell last night  *

No comments: