Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day

I got up while Natalie Morales was on, hosting a talk show  I finished the binding on quilt. When Dad got Mom's pills ready, I gave them to her with Ensure. After 2 bottles of Ensure, I juiced kale, cranberries and a long cucumber. The four of us shared it. I made more juice using celery. I cleaned up the juicer and made my breakfast. Kurt showed me Googlemap stuff he discovered on my tablet. Bet he wouldn't mind having it back. We looked for a skit called “It's Pat” on Youtube but could not find it. Then I checked e-mail while Kurt continued to play with the tablet. He installed the Enterprise klaxon sound. I took Mom to the bathroom while Kurt took a bath. Then he cleared the diningroom table and arranged seating in the livingroom around the tree. Dad got a large piece of plastic from one of the cars. We measured it and folded it in half to cut. I used my square quilting ruler and a twobyfour to mark the line. Faye came over to start supper. Dad and I spent hours dealing with the pile of papers, cards, bags, etc on the kitchen table. Kevin came over to sweep, and water the plants. Dad and I had the table 90 percent cleared when supper was ready. William arrived in time. Faye had the table set. She made a sweet potato casserole, chicken, pineapple casserole and mixed veggies. For dessert we had the fudge and buckeyes from the couple across the street. Faye cleaned up supper. Kurt played Christmas songs on my tablet until all had gathered. Dad came in with his accordion. We opened gifts in front of the table top tree. I gave a gift to Kurt - calendar. He said his gift to Faye was installing an app on her tablet. So then Faye gave me a calendar. For my turn I gave the quilt to William. And so it went, although we did not all get the same amount of gifts so the circle got broken. But we had a good time.  Kurt took LOTS of pics using my tablet.  We tried to Skype Michele but she overslept. But we did get to 'see' Chris. He took us on a virtual tour of my sewing room at home. Then Patrick came over to visit. Dad and I put the plastic on the table and used the Kirby to get up the crumbs by the toaster. Faye and I put Mom to bed. It got really late and I did not notice until 1 am. Kurt installed skype on both tablets and his phone. And now it's 2 am and I am going to bed.
 Ok, so I wrote my blog post and e-mailed one of the pictures from the tablet to my laptop.  While waiting for the pic to arrive, I saw Michele was up so I Skyped her.  The call only lasted 6 minutes because I was falling asleep.  Then the pic came through and I published the post and went to bed.

No comments: