Friday, December 13, 2013

Life after tu-tus

I woke up before 7:30. I sat down to read e-mail with my HappyLight. Maybe if I start it early, it will help me get to sleep sooner. I took breaks to exercise and meditate. I forgot to clean the juicer yesterday, so I had to clean it before and after juicing today. After breakfast I raked leaves in the side yard. I carried the tablet in my jury-rigger backpack for something to listen to. The laptop would have been warmer. I finished the tu-tus by machine-stitching over the hand-stitching, then clipping all the threads. I put them on small hangers and hung them in the car for tomorrow. Chris came home quite early and said he would not be going to play Battletech tonight. For a bit I was kind of lost without tu-tus to work on. Did I think this day would never come? I cleaned up all the pieces of leftover tulle and shiny fabrics. I folded the laundry from last weekend while listening to the tablet until the battery ran down. I unpacked the basket from yesterday. I noticed that the neighbor next door was home, so we delivered the wreath of bread. Then I folded leftover sri yantra fabrics and the leftover strips. I picked up tiny scraps from the floor and rugs. I worked on an old project to get it out of my sewing room because now I was on a roll. Chris made ground beef with tomatoes for supper. I made a large salad to go with it. I read e-mail waiting for Chris to watch TV. I did not realize he had gone to bed early. I played solitaire until I reached my 3400th and decided to find out what was keeping him. When I saw him in bed, I went down to finish the old project. He came down a little later to watch one episode of Bones. Then he read a bit of e-mail and went back to bed. I finished my project, and wrote my blog post for today. It is not yet 10 so I might work on another unfinished project.
ps - this is not the old project.

No comments: