Monday, December 30, 2013

Heading back to normal

My phone alarm went off at 8. I wasn't sure if it was on eastern time or central time. I tried to go back to sleep. Chris got up to take a shower and go to the continental breakfast for fruit. That was at 10. I got up to take my shower and discovered that there were no washcloths. Chris gave me the one he keeps in his laptop case to wipe the dust off of his screen. I hoped the staff would not think we stole the washcloths. Chris checked out at 11 and got a piece of tape from the office to re-splint my finger. On the road, we finished the book on CD (“Rising Storm”?) and started another one called “Utopia”, set in a theme park. When we got home mid afternoon, we sat in the car to listen to the last few minutes of the book. Then we unpacked the car and brought in the mail. Chris fixed himself lunch. I wasn't hungry, so I unpacked my luggage. I made sure to remove everything from each piece, and to open every bag, box, or other type of container so that everything would go back to where it belonged. I also wanted to make sure that all the items we were given for Michele got put in one place, and nothing was left out. We made a list and went to the grocery store. The aloe was replenished, so we got more of that. After we got home, we put groceries away and I remembered the gift cards for Michele. I could not find the i-tunes cards for the longest time and got really worried. But then I found them in my wallet. Phew! I noticed that Bob had replaced the faucet handles in the tub and it was no longer dripping.  Also, the outside lights were working, perhaps too well, because we had trouble turning them off. 
We read e-mail and had supper. I was so tired I could not think straight, but did not want to go to bed early because of the danger of waking up in the middle of the night unable to go back to sleep.  I drank filtered water and coconut water to make sure I was hydrated. We watched a DVD called Despicable Me 2. It was funny and I enjoyed it. Then I went straight to bed without blogging. That was about 9. I did wake up in the middle of the night, however, unable to sleep for some time. Oh well, at least I'm home now, and life can go back to normal, even if it takes a few days.
*  This is a pic of our motel - Days Inn  *

No comments: