Sunday, April 13, 2014

Being thanked with flowers

I got up about 7, which was 0surprising after being up so late talking to Chris and Michele on Skype. I read my e-mail, exercised, practiced, showered, dressed, and ate breakfast. I emptied the dishwasher, packed up my trombone, and went to church. Jennifer told me that the early service had gone half an hour over so that those who came to sing at the early service had to wait a long time. I practiced with the choir, then set up my trombone in the room behind the organ. We all gathered outside to process in waving palms. I thought the pastor looked really sharp today, and wondered if it had anything to do with my new glasses. It was an extra long service because of the reading of the passion story. I did deep breathing exercises in the pew. Coming back from communion, I sat near the organ. The last hymn got cut for time so I moved during the quickly inserted doxology. After all my practice and breathing exercises, when I played, my notes shook. Still, I got it under control by the time I played the third verse, which was acapella. Several people came up to say something nice after it was over. I was given the flower arrangement as a thankyou.  I thought that was very nice.  I took my instrument out to the car, then came back for the flowers. Jennifer said there would be a practice for the brass next Saturday at 10:30. I came home to change my shoes and dress for something more comfortable. I ate lunch, and took my supplements. I watered the seedlings, and checked the garden. Finally I went grocery shopping. One of the ladies from the church was there and said nice things about my playing. I am still amazed at the cost of food for one person.   I put the groceries (mostly veggies) away. Then I went to the stitch group. I was at a loss when they discussed their favorite candies. I finished binding the teal Linus quilt. I came home for supper. Then I mowed in the front yard because of the forecast of rain. The little boy from next door stopped by to talk. He was playing by himself. I put the mower away and plugged it in to recharge. I took out trash, and positioned it by the street. I listened to an audio, and ate frozen fruit. Then I called my in-laws to ask for a ride back to Alabama in May. The call went long and covered many other subjects. When it was over, I had to recharge my phone. Then I had a few minutes to tap before it was time to write to my blog and go to bed.

No comments: