Monday, April 28, 2014

Sunday rain

I got up at 8:15, checked e-mail, and made breakfast. I posted half of Saturday to my blog, and then had to shower, dress, grab extra shoes, and go to church. I was a little early. During the service, Jennifer played the piano. I noticed that Chris would not have liked the liturgy. When I shook the pastor's hand, he asked if there was any kind of support I needed while Chris was away. I told Jennifer that she did a really good job. From church I went to Publix, and changed shoes. I shopped for groceries. The lady bagger carried out my groceries. I came home and carried them in. I checked the mail, and e-mail. I started washing fabric. I ran outside to mow as much as I could between raindrops. The mower battery ran out just as the rain decided to get serious. I checked e-mail again. I pulled the cars out of the carport so that the rain could wash the pollen off. I was just starting a second load when Chris skyped me. I folded the clean dry fabric, washed more plus the usual laundry. I put the cars back, then collected and filtered the rain water in the tubs. I listened to audios while ironing the washed fabric. I thought I was done at 9, so I came up, but my purse was missing and I realized that that meant there was another load in the washer. I put it in the dryer, then boiled my underwear (soaking it all week gave it a funky smell that the washing machine could not get out). When the dryer was done, I folded and sprayed the fabric pieces with water because I need them to be slightly damp when I iron them. I wrote and posted the second half of yesterday's blog post, took notes on today, and did some tapping before going to bed. 
*  Here is another quilt from the show at Paducah  *

No comments: