Saturday, April 5, 2014

Chris with fish

I got up around 7. I had e-mail to read and audios to listen to. I went through my normal morning routine. After breakfast, I unloaded the dishwasher. William called, but afterward I realized that he never said why.  I read more e-mail.  I brought in the mail, which consisted of something for Chris and the latest Swansons order.  That was quick.  I raked pinecones in the side yard barefoot. I put on shoes and I mowed that space of yard and everything that did not get mowed this week. Craig was outside doing yard work and he stopped to talk. He said he could teach me how to drive stick, and that it was easy. He showed me his large tubs of bait fish, and said he had to salt them to keep the fish calm. He had a bucket of dead bait fish which he brought over to bury in my garden.  Last year he did the same thing and some animal dug holes to get the fish out.  I tried to think of ways to protect my stash of dead fish, but nothing feasible came to mind. 
I finished mowing the lawn, and came in to make a salad. I read e-mail, then went down to iron all the fabric I bought this week. I watched Prince of Persia at the same time. I came up to e-mail, and got skyped by Chris. He added Michele and later Kurt (who kind of appeared on the scene). He sent me a picture of himself after he caught a fish, and a link to photos of coconut crabs: wicked looking beasts which are said to inhabit the island.
*  Chris caught a bluefin in Kwajalein last weekend  *

No comments: